Purpose of Role:
Primary objective is to provide strategic analysis, planning, recommendations, and change management for the Mars Chocolate North America supply chain.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring progress for objectives and goals
- Initiating strategic programs to deliver long term supply chain objective
- Create and maintain internal and external benchmarking processes and models to deliver competitive advantage
Specifically, the position will:
- identify and evaluate opportunities and recommend solutions that will create and drive overall supply chain competitive advantage compared to internal and external benchmarks
- identify gaps and lead development of capabilities in the supply chain organization to deliver long term strategic goals
- lead project management offices (PMO) and manage programs as appropriate to deliver strategic initiatives
- develop optimum supply chain strategies for the network, encompassing raw materials to customer delivery on a global basis
- develop and continuously improve multi-tier KPI's to ensure appropriate management behaviours that deliver long term objectives
- engage in and support global chocolate benchmarking, reporting, and modeling activity
Primary interface is with the Strategy Director, VP Supply Chain, Planning Director, Senior BMT Supply Chain Managers, Manufacturing Director, Delivery Director, Supply Chain Leadership Team, Commercial, R&D, Franchise, and other functional business areas as required.
Supply Chain Delivery of Service and Value
- Strategic innovation capability planning with associated costs, risks, and trade off identifications
- Strategic capacity planning with associated costs, risks, and trade off identification
- Strategic supply chain capability (agility, responsiveness, flexibility) planning with associated costs, risks, and trade off identification
- Evaluate capability of network to deliver to of customer service, freshness, inventory, and cost and service
- Supply Chain Strategies
- Development of optimum Supply strategies for the network
- Determination of the role of each factory within the segment strategy
- Determination of number of independent supply chains within network, and optimal deployment
- Determination of the role of affiliate unit and contract manufacturing within the segment
- Determination of appropriate KPI's for managing and monitoring performance
- Monitor network conformance to target strategy and P&L performance
- Input into research for internal and external performance benchmarks, application of benchmarking results to segment performance
- Develop network CAB activities to facilitate delivery of supply chain strategy
- Evaluate future capacity needs and propose amount and timing of capacity additions
- Monitor global supply reports to identify opportunities and best in class solutions
Tactical Supply Execution
- Provide required information into global capacity planning, competitive benchmarking, and data collection processes.
- Provide chocolate segment regional input and support
- Manage programs and project management offices as required
- Disseminate/coordinate strategic best practice sharing both inside and outside the supply chain sphere
- Provide supplemental input to PDPs as required or requested
- Train supply chain community in areas of strategy expertise
- Personal Development
- Stays abreast of supply chain managerial and technical state of the art both within and outside of Mars, Inc.
4 years of related work experience (industrial engineering, supply chain, operations, logistics)
An undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business Management, or Supply Chain Management.
BS in Industrial Engineering preferred.
Ability to travel 10% of the time
Successful completion of a drug and background screen
5+ years of related work experience (industrial engineering or supply chain)
MBA or advanced degree
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
For information on how we use data on the Mars.com
site. please read: Data consent