Winning in Impulse Finance Analyst
Job Location -Home Market (Associate will reside in working market up to 75% of the time)
Do you like to travel, experience new cultures, and are looking for an exciting career challenge in the world of Global Chocolate Finance? If so, we may have an exciting opportunity for you on one of our priority Global Initiatives. Our Winning in Impulse project is a transformational route to market project, which has already been piloted in Saudi Arabia and will now begin rolling out in additional units. China will be the next market and we are now building a global team to expand our internal capabilities by learning the process in China, which will then be expanded into additional markets. The successful candidate would work/reside in the current market being worked on 75% of the time.
- Support the successful implementation of the Winning in Impulse project in the respective markets as a key member of the project team.
- Provide and develop the financial models that will ensure high level of visibility and transparency on the progress of the project during the implementation phase.
- Support the decision making process through implementing the necessary project performance tracking tools, coordinating with the different project members and supporting them in an accurate and transparent manner.
- Based on team input, builds, owns and refines different models
- Outlet segmentation
- Retail Value Proposition (RVP) packages
- Route To Market (RTM)
- Overall financials (including cost-to-serve and sales uplift)
- Helps team draw business implications from model outputs
- Regularly tracks project progress across key metrics such as
- Outlet RVP acceptance rate
- Outlet RVP implementation rate
- Key milestones achieved
- Asset movements
- Sales uplift versus targets
- Compliance rate
- Other KPIs
- Escalates emerging issues (if any) to the team based on project tracking.
- Works with sales and operations experts on the team to extrapolate and modify pilot results to represent 'steady state' for the organization (e.g. sales, cost-to-serve).
- Provides finance-based perspective on new sales processes (e.g. potential credit risks, adequate financial controls etc.).
- Performs cost-benefit analysis based on pilot results (versus control and controlling for seasonality using double-delta methodology).
Key Skills Required:
- Strong functional and control background, with good knowledge of financial analysis & accounting.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision. Can deal with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, obtain mutual agreement as to the resolution and implement change.
- Must be able to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business in order to achieve objectives. Seeks & invites inputs from others.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and financial/ business models.
- Experience in working with the trade, preferably the fragmented trade
- Good analytic capability
- Able to interact with customers
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
4-7 years experience in Sales and Distribution
The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Ability to travel 75% of the time
Successful completion of a drug and background screen
4-7 years experience in fianancial and/or business planning
Cost Accounting experience a plus
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
For information on how we use data on the Mars.com
site. please read: Data consent