Data Management Notice and Consent related to the Mars.hu website
The purpose of the present Data Management Notice and Consent (the “Consent”) is to inform you pursuant to the provisions of Act LXIII of 1992 on the Protection of Personal Data and the Disclosure of Information of Public Interest of all facts relevant to data management in connection with the use of Mars Hungary’s website, mars.hu (the “Portal”). Before you submit personal data to Mars Hungary, we request your consent under the conditions set out in this Consent to the management of your personal data by Mars Hungary.
You may withdraw this Consent at any time, without any reason, free of charge, and without any restriction. If you withdraw this Consent, we will delete all your personal data from our database without delay, and we will not contact you at any time in the future. You can notify us of the withdrawal of your consent by the following means:
Mars HungaryDetailed rules of management of personal data on the Portal
- Data manager
The manager of the submitted data:
- Mars Magyarország Kisállateledel Gyártó Korlátolt Felelosségu Társaság (registered office: 1113 Budapest, Bocskai út 134-146, data management registration number: 02289-0001) and
- Mars Magyarország Értékesíto Bt. (registered office: 1113 Budapest, Bocskai út 134-146, data management registration number: 02288-0001)
(hereinafter collectively referred to as “Mars Hungary”).
- Legal basis for the management of data
- Mars Hungary manages the personal data relating to you under this Consent and pursuant to the provisions of Act LXIII of 1992 on the Protection of Personal Data and the Disclosure of Information of Public Interest, Act CXIX of 1995 on the Use of Name and Address Data Serving the Purposes of Research and Direct Marketing, and Act XLVIII of 2008 on the Basic Requirements and Certain Restrictions of Commercial Advertising Activities.
- The legal basis for the management of data is your consent given by ticking the checkbox referring to the acceptance of this Consent.
- On the basis of your separate consent, we can use your personal data for the purpose of marketing communication, in relation to which we may in the intervals specified by Mars Hungary send you ¬¬newsletters or other information relating to Mars products and services or other information, and we may contact you by electronic means or otherwise (including, inter alia, telephone calls, text messages (SMS) and postal mails) for the purpose of business development. You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to the management of your personal data without any reason, free of charge, and without any restrictions. If you withdraw your consent, we will delete your name and all your other personal data from our database without delay, and we will not contact you at any time in the future.
- Mars Hungary does not intend to manage the personal data of minors. Therefore, we may ask visitors to enter their birthdates to restrict those who are minors from accessing certain sites, contents or features, if possible.
- Purpose of the management of the personal data
Mars Hungary may use your personal data in order to contact you, provide you information on our products, handle your complaints, assess your demands, for the purpose of direct marketing and for the purpose of your participation in the promotional sweepstakes organised by Mars Hungary and for other purposes specified on the Portal that refer to this Consent.
- Data processors
- In connection with the operation of the website and for the execution of technical duties related to the management of personal data, Mars Hungary works with data processors. (the “Data Processors”).
- The rights and obligations of the Data Processors relating to the processing of personal data are set out by Mars Hungary within the framework of the laws pertaining to data management. Mars Hungary is liable for the lawfulness of instructions given to the Data Processors. The Data Processors are not entitled to make decisions on the merits of data processing, they are permitted to process the personal data they became aware of only in accordance with the instructions of Mars Hungary, they are not be entitled to process data for their own purposes, and they are obliged to store and retain the personal data under the instructions of Mars Hungary.
- With the provision of your personal data, you give your express consent to Mars Hungary involving the Data Processors, which may be located in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as provided in the European Community.
- Duration of the management of personal data
The personal data will be managed until the fulfilment of the purpose of the relevant management of data, but it will not exceed two years as from the submission of the personal data.
- Security of personal data management
- Mars Hungary and, within its scope of activities, the Data Processor will ensure the protection of your personal data, implement the technical and organisational safeguards and enact the procedural regulations necessary for the implementation of the data protection regulations.
- Mars Hungary will ensure, in particular, the protection of your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, transmission, disclosure, deletion or destruction, as well as accidental damage and destruction.
- In accordance with the above, Mars Hungary will ensure that your data is not disclosed to parties not listed in this Consent, unless the relevant laws provide otherwise or you give your consent to such disclosure.
- Automated decision making
You hereby entrust Mars Hungary to manage your personal data in an automated form and to make automatic decisions on the basis of the managed personal data.
- Your rights and remedies
- You may request confirmation as to whether or not personal data relating to you are being processed and the rectification or erasure of your personal data, with the exception of those processed as a legal requirement. Mars Hungary will comply with your request without any delay.
- Upon your request, Mars Hungary will provide information concerning the personal data relating to you, including those processed by the Data Processor on its behalf, the purpose, grounds and duration of the processing, the name and address (corporate address) of the Data Processor and its activities relating to the data management, and the recipients of your personal data and the purpose for which they are or have been transferred. Mars Hungary will comply with requests for information without any delay, and provide the information requested in an intelligible form within no more than 30 days. The above specified information will be provided free of charge, provided that you have not already requested the information from Mars Hungary in the subject year.
- Personal data shall be erased by Mars Hungary if it has been processed unlawfully, the erasing of the data has been requested by you, the purpose for the processing no longer exists or the legal time limitation for storage has expired, or if so instructed by court order or by the data protection commissioner.
- When personal data is corrected or erased, you and all recipients to whom the data was transferred for processing will be notified. This notification will not be required if it does not violate your rightful interests in view of the purpose of the relevant data processing.