At Mars, we deeply believe that everything we do can mean more. That’s why our objective is to make a difference to people and the planet through performance. We do that in line with our values that have been with us for decades; by putting our Principles in action.
And because we are a company that is about more than just profit, we look for Associates that seek to make the opportunities they get here mean more. More to themselves and their own career, and along the way, more to the people and the communities they interact with.
Working at Mars Video
See the movie to learn more about working at Mars
A Unique Business With a Unique Story
All companies are different. But we like to think we’re a little different to most. You see, as one of the world’s leading privately-owned businesses, we enjoy unusual levels of freedom when it comes to how we operate. It allows us to do business in a freethinking kind of way, and it means our culture is open and collaborative. We make it easy for good people to make great products. But we also do something more. What you get here is high levels of responsibility, a variety of possibilities and the opportunity to improve things for everyone else along the way. To make everything you do mean more. That’s the way we’ve always worked. Discover Our Unique Story.
Everything to Make Your Work Mean More
No matter where you join us, we think you’ll find the work here challenging and interesting. You’ll get the tools you need to do a great job and you’ll have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. You can look forward to ongoing opportunities for learning and development. Along with finding ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability. All of which is great for your career.
Freedom to Push the Boundaries
Working life here is never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach at Mars and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be better off.
It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars a special place to work. And why working here is always about much, much more than just a job. Discover Our Brands.
What we are looking for:
- Mars is structured as a “people business”, which is one of our great strengths.
- We need associates who want to work in our unique atmosphere, who want to experience success in our unique culture, associates who share our values and ambitions.
- At Mars we hire talented people who are driven by the need to give of their best and the rewards this brings. We want our associates to perform to the best of their abilities in a culture that offers a better balance between mind, body and soul.
- When we recruit staff, we are very open about who we are and what we expect: the courage to change the status quo and enjoy freedom with responsibility.
Big Brands. Big Opportunities.
SNICKERS®, M&M'S® , UNCLE BEN'S®, WHISKAS®… With many iconic, billion-dollar brands, it would be easy for us to sit back and let our products lead the way. But we’re not that kind of business. We’re a business that runs on ideas. We’ve gotten where we are today by thinking differently. Thinking bigger. Thinking ahead.
What sort of people succeed at Mars? Are there typical Mars qualities? If so, what are they? Naturally, some fields require certain skills and qualifications.
Our associates can be characterised as follows:
- People who actively seek out new ways of making things happen
- People with the desire to keep on learning and developing
- People with the courage to take responsibility
In return, you enter a working environment with virtually no limits. We support your development, giving you fascinating challenges and offering you diverse career paths. Do you have the skills to take the initiative, a passion to excel and the courage to explore new paths using our Five Principles to make ethical and responsible decisions? Then you should feel right at home with us!
Wherever your journey at Mars takes you, you’ll have access to a fantastic support structure and can greatly benefit from the open and flexible atmosphere. Due to the responsible way in which freedom is handled at Mars, something you will no doubt experience, yet also because of the company's trust in you, you will have the opportunity to steer your own development while turning your dreams into reality. At Mars, you get the chance to write your personal success story.
And all this remains true to the motto: Freedom takes courage. We take the courageous.
We Believe in Talent
At Mars we strongly believe in developing talent in the early stages. In fact, many of our current senior managers started with us as graduates and have grown together with us. As such, they serve as the foundation of the Mars culture and have helped shape Mars into what it is today. That is why many of our units have a long tradition of creating and running graduate development programmes acclaimed as some of the "best in class" in their respective markets. Even where we don’t have graduate programmes, we invest a lot of time and effort to ensure that graduates receive a smooth entry into the business and are able to grow and develop at their own pace.
Job + Studies = True
We employ student helpers who work half time with us alongside their studies. While studying, we give them the opportunity to practice what they learn at university, while giving them an insight into working life and how we work at Mars. This is often a great path to a future full-time job with Mars. Ultimately, they drove their project: they made it happen. It's a partnership that's proved very successful. And you could experience it too. With outstanding development opportunities to choose from, world famous brands to work with, and an impressive peer group to grow alongside, there's no telling what you might achieve. Take a look around the site. If you like what you see, and you've got what it takes, you could soon be adding your own chapter to the Mars success story.
What our Students say about us:
“As a new student member of the workforce, I wasn't expecting a great deal – especially when you hear from your friends that all they do is make coffee at work. So it is all the more rewarding that you are an appreciated member of the team at Mars and that your work makes a difference in the real world”
Company areas to work with in the Nordics:
- Marketing: product management, media coordination, consumer communication
- Sales: office & field service, key account management, trade marketing, sales promotion
- Category Management: space management, category, shopper and consumer insights, market analysis
- Human Resources: associate services, organisation and associate development, personnel systems, pay & benefits
- Company Communication: public relations, internal communications, media relations, sponsoring
- Commercial: Indirect buying for general services, marketing & sales services and logistics i.e. travel and media buying
- Logistics: procurement of logistics, market logistics, production planning, customer service, forwarding & shipping, export
- Finances: investment planning, financing, accounting, planning, market research
Company areas in other locations:
- Research & Development: product development, technology development, packaging development, quality assurance, consumer tests, Pet Center
- Manufacturing: multi-shift production, quality information, hygiene & environment, industrial engineering, project management, maintenance
Mars offer several international Graduate programs as well as a new Multimarket Trainee Program. With Multimarkets we refer to those locations that work with all Mars’ three main product lines under one roof .
Through the years, Mars graduates have done some pretty amazing things. Everything from launching brands and building production lines, to influencing growth strategies and developing multi-million pound relationships. Of course, we provided them with all the support, freedom, and responsibility they needed (something we're well renowned for).
We employ student helpers who work half time with us alongside their studies.