Already in the first year of its operation, the Psadoptuj program – part of the Mars ambition to create a Better World for Pets – has been recognized in the Good Practices Report by the Responsible Business Forum.
It is just a year since the launch of the Psadoptuj adoption platform. In its first year in operation, the web platform and mobile application owned by the Pedigree® brand has supported 500 dog adoptions and helped to find loving homes for over 200 dogs. It is by no means the only initiative to promote a Better World for Pets which is the leading program set by Mars for the entire organization involved in high quality pet food and services (Mars Petcare). For years now, the company has been supporting homeless pets by donating well-balanced food directly to animal shelters as well as by educating and activating our consumers and Associates.
„A Better World for Pets”, the program that fulfils the business ambition of Mars Petcare, has been appreciated by experts and, as such, included in the 14th edition of the Report of the Responsible Business Forum this year. The Report also mentions:
- 1040hours worked for homeless animals by 127 Mars Associates in Poland. The global „Mars Volunteering Program” offers any volunteer up to 2 days off to work for charity purposes;
- 23 rescue dogs and 5 assistance dogs that have been fed complete, well-balanced food by Mars continuously for years;
- 2 million meals going to Polish shelters through consumers taking part in the “Kupując Pomagasz” (“Your purchase helps”) action;
- 300 tonnes of complete dog and cat food donated to rescues and shelters all over Poland;
- “Przygarnij Mnie” (“Take me in”) TV program (TVP2 channel) that has been sponsored by Pedigree® for two consecutive years now. While watching stories of adopted dogs and their owners, millions of viewers in Poland learn of responsible adoption and proper pet care.
Psadoptuj is yet another step towards making a better world for pets. The Pedigree® brand decided to run that countrywide web adoption platform in Poland because Pedigree® believes that every dog deserves a happy and healthy home. Among other things, Psadoptuj functionality enables a potential owner to find a dog by searching for specific criteria such as age, sex, weight, nature or coat length. In addition, every new carer of an adopted shelter pet can get free online advice or come to receive a supply of complete food for their new pet.
Animals give so much to humans that we have to give back to animals, in line with the Mars Principle of Mutuality. Therefore, our ambition is to create a Better World for Pets. It is not only about providing complete pet food for dogs and cats, which is, of course, essential for their health, but it is also about regular help and education through such initiatives as Psadoptuj or our volunteering program. We are glad that our efforts to improve the well-being of pets in Poland have been noticed by our consumers and CSR experts in Poland – concludes Marzena Ignaczak, Director of Corporate Affairs at Mars Polska.
“Responsible Business in Poland. Good Practices” Report offers the largest review of activities of socially responsible businesses in Poland and is prepared by the Responsible Business Forum,. Download the full Report here. For more information on Mars CSR in Poland, see the most recent 2014/2015 Principles in Action Summary available from Mars Polska website.