Mars, Incorporated, Quality Commitment
Effective Date: March 2021
Since Frank C. Mars first began making Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington, kitchen over 100 years ago, Mars has grown and diversified dramatically. Today, we touch the lives of millions of people, including farmers, suppliers, retail customers, consumers, clients and pets across the globe.
On our journey, we’ve been guided by the Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Efficiency, Mutuality and Freedom. These principles work together to guide our decision making and how we do business. And it is ‘how’ we do business that will create the world we want tomorrow.
Our Quality Principle recognizes that delivering quality and value to our consumers and clients is at the very core of our success. A life-long relationship with our consumers and clients doesn’t happen by accident; we earn that trust by providing the very best experience each time.
Quality in our work—across the entire business and with our partner relationships—is central to being the best business we can be. We take pride in delivering quality and are committed to doing our part every day. That means:
- We aim to delight our consumers and clients through their experiences and the value we deliver with our brands and services.
- Every product and service is safe and legal. Our standards always meet or exceed local regulations.
- Quality is a mindset. We champion the Mars standards, ensuring our practices are the best that they can be.
- Everyone at Mars has a role to play in delivering Quality.
- We support a culture of learning and continuous improvement, and a responsibility to take action when we see something isn’t right.
Our leaders expect each one of us to conform fully to the letter and spirit of this commitment. Delivering Quality in every aspect of our business not only gives us pride, it ensures we continue to earn the trust and support of all our stakeholders and thrive as a business.
Because the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.