At Mars, our 130,000+ Associates are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. No matter the visible or invisible differences, we have long-been committed to fostering an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their full potential, be heard and valued.
While inclusion & diversity (I&D) has long been a business priority, we know we have significant work to do, and we are accelerating our commitment to inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities.
Over the last several months, we have spent considerable time listening to our Associates and leaders, auditing our talent pipeline and I&D policies and procedures, as well as evaluating ways to strengthen our comprehensive I&D strategy anchored by four key pillars:
- Ensuring all our leaders are visible and accountable champions of I&D
- Embracing a culture of belonging that values and harnesses the power of differences
- Harnessing diverse groups of Associates and leaders that represent the diversity of the Mars business
- And equipping our business with cohesive policies, processes, practices and training – including unconscious bias programs – that support our I&D aspirations
These pillars have led to three key goals that will help us to deliver our I&D ambitions:
- Gender Balance – Aspire to achieve gender balance across 100% of our leadership teams. Learn more about Full Potential, our platform for gender equity.
- Workforce Representation – Leadership teams and Associate representation reflects the race and ethnicities of the labor force in the markets in which we operate. Our ambition includes:
- Increasing racial minority representation among our management population in our Mars CPG businesses in the United States by 40%. We will also promote expanded opportunities for all racial minorities across our total workforce.
- Strengthening our senior leader representation from Emerging Markets by 20%
- Inclusion – Achieve at least an 80th percentile ranking, as measured by our internal survey.
These goals are important priorities for Mars. We want to continue sustained year-over-year progress. We are tracking our performance and will regularly review it with our Board, Mars Leadership Team and Segment Leadership Teams. We will also provide annual updates on progress.
Our commitment to an inclusive society goes beyond our four walls, including our suppliers and partners, as well as how we portray our brands in marketing. It’s our responsibility to look at these areas and help drive the change we want to see.
Our Supplier Diversity and Inclusion program will build a roadmap to ensure we manage our relationships and selection process for all our suppliers in a way that helps foster an inclusive society.
Our Inclusive Marketing vision seeks to ensure that the marketing of our brands is as diverse as the world they’re enjoyed in – through the imagery we show, the teams doing the work and the process itself.
We remain committed to this journey and will hold ourselves accountable to achieve meaningful change.