We believe that pets truly make the world a better place.
That’s why we’re thrilled our second annual VCA Impact Report 2019 continues to show how our vast network of passionate Associates, hospitals and referral partners were able to positively impact the lives of more animals than ever last year.
More than 30,000 Mars Petcare VCA Hospital Associates work tirelessly every day to provide quality care for pets we are proud to commit our resources, teams, expertise and financial support in 975 VCA petcare hospitals in the United States, Canada and Japan, to work for the benefit of pets and their families. We also provide support for the causes we believe in, both nationwide and within our local communities.
Here are just a few ways we achieved our goals to make A Better World for Pets in 2019:
- Helped more pets than ever before – In 2019, VCA cared for 4,210,000 pets, including dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and many others, and zoo animals too— which is more in a single year than ever before.
- Found forever homes – Helped 300,000 homeless pets find homes through more than 130 shelter partners.
- Cared for shelter pets – Provided over $20 million in free pre- and post-animal adoption care to shelter pets.
- Made cancer treatment more accessible – Launched the Pet CancerCare Alliance, a one-of-a-kind network of 35 cancer care centers staffed with over 65 board-certified veterinary oncologists.
- Provided pet owners real time updates – To keep pet owners informed while their pet is in hospital for treatment, VCA and clients exchanged 15 million texts and photos, giving owners peace of mind in real time.
- Put Associates and education first – VCA Associates completed over 450,000 training hours through 1.8 million courses, helping them stay at the forefront of their field.
- Encouraged the Future of Veterinary Care and Learning – VCA created an animal hospital within the Cayton Children’s Museum, introducing STEM and veterinary medicine through play to kids across Los Angeles.
- Offered new access to veterinarians — Clients used live chat with VCA veterinarians via the myVCA app, resolving 55% of pet care concerns without a hospital visit.
For more highlights, read the 2019 impact report here.