As part of the Mars family of businesses, Mars Veterinary Health North America is proud to be able to provide mechanical ventilators to support breathing, as well as personal protective equipment to local hospitals and medical staff in the communities where we live, work and operate.
Across our more than 2,000 Banfield, BluePearl and VCA veterinary hospitals and clinics in the United States, we are centralizing available supply to identify and donate ventilators, the essential lifesaving equipment health care facilities need most.
We have donated 13 ventilators and 1,200 masks to help our human health care colleagues in the battle against COVID-19, including:
- 8 ventilators and 1,200 masks to New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York
- 1 ventilator to Cambridge Alliance in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 1 ventilator to Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut
- 1 ventilator to Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, Connecticut
- 1 ventilator to Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham, Maryland
- 1 ventilator to Temecula Valley Hospital in Temecula, California
“We’re just getting started,” Doug Drew, President, Mars Veterinary Health North America said. “We will continue to assess the needs of our health care counterparts and donate more equipment throughout this challenging time.”
Our veterinary teams continue to provide pets high-quality care during these uncertain times. We are so inspired by our Mars Veterinary Health Associates. Their dedication to delivering critical care to pets and their people demonstrates our purpose in practice. What we do today makes a better world tomorrow, and we know we will get through this together.