It’s that time of year again, when top publications release their top workplace awards and list the best of the best, all around the globe. Congratulations to our top spots — Portugal, Switzerland, France, Central America & the Caribbean, Italy, Spain, Norway, the United States, South Korea, India, Ireland, Belgium, Austria and the United Kingdom. We know more regions are sure to come!
We’re not surprised to land on so many worldwide lists, because our top assets are our brilliant and passionate Associates. We take great pride that our diverse, inclusive culture — driven by The Five Principles and defined by excellence — defines how we are one of the best companies to work for, the world over.
Great Place to Work®, the global authorities on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures, conducts the largest annual global study on workplace excellence. This consists of an extensive survey and analysis of feedback from thousands of employees from hundreds of multinational companies. The results are driven by employees’ evaluations of management, pay, benefits, growth opportunities, culture and their jobs.
Culture, joy and a sense of purpose are some of the reasons Associates rank us as a top place to work, no matter the location. “Working for Mars is far more than just a job — it is about working with kind and supportive people,” an Associate said. “I am always challenged to go above and beyond, and Mars always rewards us with far more than just pay and benefits.”
One of the qualifiers for Mars being named No. 3 on the 2018 World’s Best Workplaces list was local Mars teams appearing on 23 Great Place to Work® lists this past year in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Central America & Caribbean, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States.
“We are a global company with over 100,000 Associates, and no matter the location, our people and culture are at our core,” said Eric Minvielle, Vice President, People and Organization at Mars. “Every day, Mars Associates are making a difference — for our business, the planet, communities and even pets — and we couldn’t be prouder of them.”
“People at Mars are so passionate and committed,” said Chase Ubernosky, Process Engineer at Mars Chocolate, North America. “The fact that Associates stay with the business for so long — many for 10 years or more — shows that we feel empowered and that there are incredible opportunities open to us. Mars is a terrific place to build a career.”
- No. 5 in 2019 Asia’s Best Places to Work
- No. 14 in 2019 Japan’s Best Workplaces: Midsize (100-999 Employees)
- No. 1 in 2019 Portugal’s Best Workplaces: 100 to 250 Employees
- No. 1 in 2019 UK Best Workplace for Women: Large company category
- No. 2 in 2019 Spain’s Best Workplaces: 500–1,000 Employees
- No. 2 in 2019 Switzerland’s Best Workplaces: 50-249 Employees
- No. 3 in 2019 Austria’s Best Workplaces: Large
- No. 3 in 2019 France’s Best Workplaces: More Than 500 Employees
- No. 3 in 2019 Italy’s Best Medium Companies
- No. 4 in 2019 Norway’s Best Workplaces: 20-49 Employees
- No. 5 in 2019 UK’s Best Workplaces: Large Category
- No. 6 in 2019’s Europe’s Best Workplaces
- No. 6 in 2019 Europe’s Best Multinational Company
- No. 6 in 2019 Belgium’s Best Workplaces: Less than 500 Employees
- No. 6 in 2019 Ireland’s Best Small Workplaces
- No. 10 in 2019 Finland’s Best Workplaces: Small Organizations
- No. 7 in 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Latin America
- No. 1 in 2019 Caribbean and Central America: Best Multinationals
- No. 1 in 2019 Mexico’s Top Companies to Work For: Over 3,000 Employees
- United States 2019 Gallup Great Workplace Award Winner (10-time Winner)
- No. 51 in 2019 United States Best Workplaces for Millennials
- 2019 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- America’s Best Large Employers 2019 List in Forbes
- No. 3 in 2018 Best Multinational Workplaces in Latin America
- United States 2018 Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials
- No. 4 in 2018 United States Best Manufacturing & Production Companies (Three Consecutive Years)