The 2020 best place to work awards are rolling in! We’re excited to see Mars featured prominently in these lists from across the globe and look forward to more recognition to come throughout the year.
Congratulations to many of our regions and offices around the globe earning top spots already in 2020: From Asia and Europe to specific operations in France, Germany, Spain, Norway, Greece, Italy, Ireland, United Kingdom, Taiwan and the United States. We can’t wait to see the additional accolades in store this year!
Numerous countries and regions also received top honors in 2019 — Portugal, Switzerland, France, Central America & the Caribbean, Italy, Spain, Norway, the United States, South Korea, India, Ireland, Belgium, Austria and the United Kingdom.
Mars Associates Drive Our Success and High Rankings
We’re not surprised to land on so many worldwide lists, because our top assets are our brilliant and passionate Associates. We take great pride that our diverse, inclusive culture—driven by The Five Principles and exemplified by excellence—defines how we are one of the best companies to work for, the world over.
Great Place to Work®, the global authorities on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures, conducts the largest annual global study on workplace excellence. This consists of an extensive survey and analysis of feedback from thousands of employees from hundreds of multinational companies. The results are driven by employees’ evaluations of management, pay, benefits, growth opportunities, culture and their job satisfaction. Mars is proud to be featured on this list and many others!
Culture, joy and a sense of purpose are some of the reasons Associates rank us as a top place to work, no matter the location.
“We are a global company with more than 130,000+ Associates, and no matter the location, our people and culture are at our core,” said Eric Minvielle, Vice President, People and Organization at Mars. “Every day, Mars Associates are making a difference—for our business, the planet, communities and even pets—and we couldn’t be prouder of them.”
“People at Mars are so passionate and committed,” said Chase Ubernosky, Process Engineer at Mars Chocolate, North America. “The fact that Associates stay with the business for so long—many for 10 years or more—shows that we feel empowered and that there are incredible opportunities open to us. Mars is a terrific place to build a career.”
Check out Mars workplace awards around the globe:
- No. 8 in 2020 Best Workplaces in Asia: Multinational (Greater China, India, Japan, South Korea)
- Named one of the 10 Best Workplaces in Taiwan 2020
- No. 5 in 2019 Best Workplaces in Asia: Multinational
- No. 14 in 2019 Japan’s Best Workplaces: Midsize (100-999 Employees)
- No. 4 in 2020 Best Workplaces in Europe
- No. 1 in 2020 France’s Great Place to Work: 2,500 – 5,000 Employees
- No. 2 in 2020 Germany’s Best Employer: 2,001-5,000 Employees
- No. 2 in 2020 Spain’s Great Place to Work
- No. 3 in Norway's 2020 Best Norwegian Workplaces
- No. 3 in 2020 Greece's Best Workplaces: 50-250 Employees
- No. 3 in 2020 Italy's Best Workplaces
- No. 3 in 2020 UK’s Best Workplaces for Women — the only FMCG company to make the list: 1,000+ Employees
- No. 6 in 2020 Ireland’s Best Small Workplaces
- No. 8 in 2020 UK's Best Workplaces: Super Large (1,000+)
- No. 11 in Sweden's 2020 Best Swedish Workplaces
- No. 1 in 2019 Portugal’s Best Workplaces
- No. 1 UK’s Best Workplaces for Women 2019 - Super Large
- No. 2 in 2019 Spain’s Best Workplaces: 501-1,000 Employees
- No. 2 in 2019 Switzerland’s Best Workplaces: 50-249 Employees
- No. 3 in 2019 Austria’s Best Workplaces: More than 500 Employees
- No. 3 in 2019 France’s Best Workplaces: Between 500 and 5,000 Employees
- No. 4 in 2019 Norway’s Best Workplaces: Small
- No. 5 in 2019 UK’s Best Workplaces: Super Large (1,000+ employees)
- No. 6 in 2019 Europe’s Best Workplaces: Multinational Companies
- No. 6 in 2019 Belgium’s Best Workplaces: Small and Medium
- No. 10 in 2019 Finland’s Best Workplaces: Small
- No. 1 in 2019 Caribbean and Central America: Best Multinationals
- No. 7 in 2019 Best Multinational Workplaces in Latin America
- No. 98 2020 in Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- United States 2019 Gallup Great Workplace Award Winner (10-time Winner)
- America’s Best Large Employers 2019 List in Forbes
- No. 3 in 2019 United States Best Manufacturing & Production Companies (Three Consecutive Years)