The Five Principles
The Five Principles form the foundation of how we do business today and every day. With 115,000 Mars Associates working in 80 countries across the globe, clear direction and a moral compass are essential. The long-term future of our business and the planet depends on us to stand for more and take bold action. That’s why we take every opportunity to make a positive impact in this ever-changing world by leveraging our guiding philosophy that has always differentiated us — The Five Principles.
We put The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make. This means:
- We are committed to Quality of work and contributions to society.
- We embrace our Responsibility (as individuals and a company) to act now.
- We base decisions on Mutuality of benefit to our stakeholders.
- We harness the power of Efficiency to use our resources to maximum effect.
- We have the financial Freedom to make our own decisions, unrestricted by motivations of others.
We know that what we do is only as good as how we do it, and our actions help us build a better world for generations to come.